The time is nearing, a trip to the great Smoky Mountains of Tennessee! We’ve been waiting as a family of four for this trip well over a year. This year Davin is in homeschool and November and December we decided to learn all about my favorite celebrity of all time, Dolly Parton! I’ve been a huge fan since I was a toddler. I got to meet her and hand her flowers at my first ever concert. I said, “Mommy, I want to be just like her!!” to this day, when it comes to her loving spirit, heart and philanthropy, I still feel that way.
Davin and I sat down to make his bucket list for the visit and I have a few things I am dying to do. Jason, wants the rides! Ashlynn I am sure wants all the beautiful lights and yummy snacks!
Davin sat down to make his list and as part of his assignment, he is on a mission to complete it all and more! This is his big field trip for this grade so he is learning the history of Sevierville, Dolly’s hometown, history of Dolly and her music, and all about her amazing good heart to the people of her hometown and beyond.
- Dolly’s Home-on-Wheels
- Dollywood Express Train Depot
- Hidden Hollow in Wildwood Grove
- The Scrambler
- Merry & Bright, Holiday Light! Fireworks Show
- Showstreet Ice Cream (need sweets!!!)
- Take over 100 photos of our family living their best life
- Buy a souvenir to commemorate Ashlynn’s first visit!
- Buy something to add to our family Christmas tree!
- Create one or more fantastic Instagram Reels showcasing our family trip
- Eat something super savory that I wouldn’t make at home
- Try at least (2) items that are holiday exclusives on their menus
- Finally try the cinnamon bread I hear so much about!
Jason has a list of rides he wants to hit and will be sure to share his opinions. I want sweet AND savory! I saw this posted today to the Dollywood Facebook Page.
Years later and I am still on the hunt for this cookbook from Dolly, and of course there is one sitting in her Home-on-Wheels lol. One day I will catch it on eBay…one day!
Is there anything we missed on the list that is a MUST DO this trip? I know it will be cold and we will chasing around a very fast walking one year old who is sure to be amazed by all the scenery, lights and spectacles, but this trip is something special! Homeschool fundraiser and family fun all rolled into one epic adventure that you are only going to want to watch out for our social media posts!