The Tik Tok rage brought the idea of an easy pasta dish into the forefront of everyone’s minds with the baked brie and tomato pasta. I have decided to upgrade the recipe which is so easy to make on a busy night! The complimenting bread was even easier to do and pretty much blew this whole dinner out of the water and has become a family favorite!
I received this product for free from Moms Meet (momsmeet.com) to use and post my honest opinions. Compensation for this post was provided and this page may contain affiliate links.
We were sent the Barilla Creamy Genovese Pesto to use in a recipe and it did not disappoint! I am a huge fan of pesto to begin with and this will now be a staple in our pantry when grocery shopping. With a 6.2-ounce jar of Barilla Creamy Genovese Pesto retailing for about $3.29, the whole meal comes in at less than $15 for the family if done right! A little also goes a long way! One 6.2-ounce jar of pesto mixes well with 16 ounces of pasta. However, for our recipe, I used less than the jar for the whole dinner and have a little more to spare.
The Barilla Creamy Genovese Pesto has a creamy, smooth texture and super savory taste. It is ideal for stirring into pasta and spread on bread. You can even great a dip or marinate meat with it. Barilla is already a name recognized worldwide as a symbol of Italian know-how and this product solidifies that! Imported from Parma, Italy, it is made with fragrant Italian basil and freshly grated Italian cheese.
- 16-20oz fresh tortellini
- 1 round brie cheese
- 16oz fresh grape tomatoes
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 tsp fresh or ground thyme
- salt and pepper to taste
- Barilla Creamy Genovese Pesto
- 1 loaf Italian or French bread sliced in rounds
- warm temperature butter
- garlic salt
- diced tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Place Brie in center of round or square pan
- Surround Brie with grape tomatoes
- Drizzle olive oil across whole dish
- Sprinkle thyme, salt and pepper across whole dish
- Place pan in oven for 35 minutes
- Boil tortellini according to bag, drain, set aside
- Slice bread into round slices
- Butter each slice of bread
- Sprinkle Garlic Salt on each slice
- Spread Barilla Creamy Genovese Pesto on each slice
- Sprinkle diced tomatoes on each slice
- At 28 minute mark place bread in oven for 7 minutes
Both the baked Brie dish and bread will be out at the same time
14. Spoon Barilla Creamy Genovese Pesto (half jar) into your baked Brie dish and stir. Spoon mixture into pot with tortellini and blend.
Serve immediately .
The Barilla Creamy Genovese Pesto really escalates the flavor on this recipe! I have been doing the baked Brie for a few weeks and this is by far my favorite way to eat the dish! The bread alone could be a fabulous appetizer or snack. You can find Barilla Creamy Genovese Pesto at Target, Super Target, Publix, Stop & Shop, Super Stop & Shop, Meijer, ShopRite, Hy-Vee, Albertsons, Safeway, Vons and more. To find a store near you, visit momsmeet.link/barillalocate .